Indoor air quality meters work by measuring the amount of certain chemicals or particles that are released into a space. This indoor air quality meter device can be used to measure everything from pollutants in a home, such as mold and mildew, to dangerous gases like carbon monoxide. The device will then display the results on an easy-to-read digital screen for you to understand what is happening in your indoor environment.

Are Indoor Air Quality Meter Really Worth It?

According to a recent study from the University of Texas, Austin found that the answer is yes. In fact, they found that some homes have as much as 60 times more pollutants than outside air. While these findings may sound scary and you might be tempted to run out and buy one of those fancy new devices today, there are a few things you should keep in mind first. The study also showed that even with high levels of pollutants inside, opening your garage door could lower those levels by up to 90%.

Indoor air quality meters are worth the investment for people who have allergies or asthma that are sensitive to dust, pollen, pet dander, mold spores and other allergens. The first step is finding out what the source of the problem is so you can fix it. If your home has a leaky basement or plumbing issues, these will need to be fixed before you buy an indoor air quality meter. Once this is done test your home with an inexpensive black light kit which will show any mold growth on walls or ceilings.